COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THE BAKER GROUP
The Baker Group only collects personal information when you enter it into the various applications, purchasing or quotation forms contained in the website. We may also keep records of any e-mails or other correspondence that you send via the website.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION OTHER THAN PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some information which is collected from your visit to The Baker Group website is not personal information, because it does not reveal your identity. For example:
- Site visit information - when you visit The Baker Group website, general information is collected about your visit, including your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed, the information downloaded and the type of browser you used. Personal details are not captured and the information is used to assist us to improve the functionality and usability of the website.
- Cookies - a cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies used by The Baker Group do not identify individual users, although they do identify the user's Internet browser. Most Internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your Internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Rejecting cookies can however limit the functionality of the website.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THE BAKER GROUP
The Baker Group uses the personal information you provide through this website for the purposes for which it was requested, that is, for directly related purposes. We may collect information for a number of reasons, including and relating, but not limited, to:
- Identify your security access to our website.
- Respond to queries and applications.
- Maintain a record of our dealings with each other.
- Provision of products or services (including applications for credit).
- Registration and administration of product warranties.
- Protection against fraudulent activity.
- Complying with legal obligations.
- Direct marketing.
- Communication to better understand our customer's needs and tailor services.
- Enhance the content of our website.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Personal information collected on this website will not be disclosed to third parties unless you have given express permission for The Baker Group to do so, although in the case of receiving direct marketing material you may opt-out.
We will use personal information about you only:
- As you consent.
- For purposes related to the reason you gave us the information for and even then, only if you would reasonably expect us to use it, or
- In statutory required law enforcement, public health or public safety circumstances.
We may only disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Related companies or parties involved in the supply and/or repair of our products on your behalf.
- Third party service suppliers (for example, to facilitate postage of items to you) as necessary to enable them to assist us in providing services to you.
- Parties involved in the maintenance of our Information Technology systems.
- Your authorised representatives including legal, accounting and financial advisers.
- Organisations required by law.
- Any other party where your consent is obtained.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This site links to other websites. The Baker Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.