The Brisbane Street Mall redevelopment is a high quality major retail space, building on the successful Quadrant Mall and Civic Square redevelopment projects.
The Brisbane Street Mall Project was a key sub-project identified as a part of the overall Launceston City Heart Project. Brisbane Street Mall was the highest priority area identified by the community. This was due to the site being the most used precinct within the city and a pedestrian thoroughfare within proximity to the public transport interchange and a key central destination with popular retail offering and connectivity to other areas of the CBD.
Brisbane Street Mall Concept
Brisbane Street Mall Completion
- Installation of underground infrastructure services.
- Earthworks associated with base preparation.
- Further seating and terraced areas.
- Tree planters for improved greening.
- Play space public art installation elements throughout the site (Thylacine theme).
- Removal of canopy structure and replaced with decorative human scale shelters throughout.
- Lighting – building, landscape and street.
- High quality pavement treatments.
- New street furniture, signage and flexible space arrangements for events.
- On-street trading and other activation improvements.